10 Essential Tips To Help Re-Organise Your Stockroom
Monday, 30 September 2019 | Jon
A once organised and tidy stockroom can quickly become overrun with stock, old packaging and various other items that impact on the efficiency and in some cases, the safety of the stores area. When this happens it is essential that you allocate the time to assess your current storage requirements and make the necessary changes to improve your business.
Here are 10 essential tips to help you re-organise an existing stockroom:
1. Begin by removing everything from the stockroom, try to group similar products together as you go.
2. Assess your existing shelving, racking and storage boxes to decide if anything new is required.
3. Take the chance to thoroughly clean the stockroom whilst empty.
4. Place smaller items into plastic storage boxes or containers.
5. Label everything clearly.
6. Create specific storage areas for groups of products and keep related products within easy reach of each other.
7. Keep popular products closer to hand, infrequently used items can be stored away in less accessible areas of the stockroom.
8. Allocate a clear area for the temporary storage of incoming stock.
9. Create an inventory sheet to help employees quickly and easily locate items.
10. Reduce wasted space by adjusting the position of shelves (where possible) to suit your stock profile*. In some cases, adding extra shelves or even removing a shelf can greatly improve the storage capacity and usability of your stockroom.
*Always refer to your racking assembly instructions and load notices before adjusting your racking. If in doubt we advise contacting the supplier/manufacturer for advise first.
These tips will help you get the most out of your existing stock area, if you need any further help, please give us a call on 01993 779494 or email: email@example.com